Credit Karma is the most well-known credit score monitoring service based on reports from Equifax and TransUnion.
The company simplifies access to the score and reports whenever you want.
It doesn’t only estimate your credit score for free but also provides automatic email alerts when essential changes happen and protects your personal data from thefts.
However, it does not make sites like CreditKarma worse. They offer free scores as well as provide similar services, but each company has features like no other.
The company takes your information from TransUnion and VantageScore 3.0.
An interface of Credit Sesame shows your current score and explains it.
Alerts signalize you when the score changes. This feature makes this site similar to Credit Karma.
A list of Credit Sesame advantages:
- Mobile version. This Credit Karma alternative created a mobile app. It makes all the tools and features available on your mobile device (both Android and iPhone versions are available).
- The best rates. Credit Sesame will assist you to find the most profitable rates on small personal loans and insurance.
- Identity theft protection. You receive identity theft insurance worth $50,000 once you have signed up. Assistance in case of fraud is provided as well.
Among the other Credit Karma like sites, WalletHub offers free credit scores and reports as well. Its estimations are based on TransUnion report.
Also, it provides information and advice on how to understand and increase your score.
The alerts feature is available as well.
WalletHub differs from other websites similar to Credit Karma by its 24/7 service. It will quickly inform you of changes via SMS and will begin solving issues before they spin out of control. So, if some emergency happens, it will help you act quickly.
WalletHub is the only free monitoring service that updates the information on a daily basis and gives a clear action plan. Also, it presents a visual breakdown of your credit timeline and each account on your report.
You are likely to find this alternative to Credit Karma in the Google search results if you ask for a free credit score report. It is known as one of the three major bureaus in the USA.
Experian is focused on business lines such as credit services, marketing services, decision analytics as well as consumer services.
Unlike other services like Credit Karma, Experian is paid. It will cost you $4,99 for the first month and $24,99 every new month. But it offers a new free report every 30 days on sign in.
It is easy to get puzzled because of the various packages offered. But the customers have a chance to get a full report from Experian and the option to purchase full reports from the three major credit bureaus – Equifax, TransUnion, and FICO.
Which One to Choose?
It is hard to decide as all the sites similar to Credit Karma have their unique virtues:
- Credit Karma offers its clients a free credit simulator. This simulator takes into consideration all the up-to-date information and predicts the result of any move you can make. It helps you realize what financial decisions have the largest influence on your score. This is the perfect tool for those who want to erase all the mistakes of the past and increase their credit score in the future.
- Credit Sesame provides identity theft insurance worth $50,000.
- WalletHub works round the clock.
- Experian offers Identity Theft Protection package that detects any fraudulent attempts with your data and Social Security Number.
You do not have to select the credit monitoring service right off. Try to use each of the websites and apps like Credit Karma to define which works best for you. Then, make your final choice.
P.S. Before diving into the analysis, realize that the credit score you get from companies like Credit Karma is not based on the official FICO scoring model. The score generated by sites like Credit Karma and Credit Sesame is based on models created by the credit reporting companies. Yet, these scores are quite similar to the FICO one.
Photo credits: CreditKarma.com, WalletHub.com, Wikipedia.org